Table of Contents
As Jewelry Shopping Guide editors, we write about things that we love and we think you’ll like too. We often have affiliate partnerships, and may generate some revenue from these links at no cost to you.
Giving your friend a jewelry gift is a sweet and thoughtful way to mark your relationship and the unbreakable bond you share. It serves as a beautiful keepsake and a reminder of the connection between you, even when you’re not physically in the same place.
Friendship jewelry comes in all shapes, designs, colors, and sizes, giving you countless options to choose from and they’re not just for friends. You can always gift friendship jewelry to your siblings, parents, child, or anyone else to show them how much they mean to you.
If you’re looking for the ideal jewelry gift for your friend, we’ve put together a list of the best friendship jewelry ideas that will be perfect for reflecting your special connection.
Best Friendship Gift Ideas
1. Zodiac Jewelry
If your friend is an astrology lover, you can’t go wrong with a beautiful piece of zodiac jewelry. Zodiac jewelry is unique and holds significance as well as sentimental value to the wearer. They can also speak volumes about her personality. Consider getting your friend a simple zodiac pendant or bracelet that she’ll be able to wear for any occasion and easily match with any outfit.
2. Birthstone Necklace
Over the years, birthstone jewelry has been a timeless gift choice, treasured by many who value birthstones for their beauty and healing properties. A birthstone ring or necklace would be a thoughtful gift for your friend and she’ll be able to wear it to attract good fortune, health, and protection into her life.
3. Promise Rings
Promise rings (also known as friendship rings) symbolize your friendship and can serve as a reminder of everything you’ve been through together. Give your friend a personalized promise ring with her name or a meaningful phrase engraved on it and you can also have her birthstone or favorite gemstone added to it to make it more meaningful. An infinity ring like this one signifies the lifelong bond you share.
4. Claddagh Ring
Since ancient times, the Celtic Claddagh has been regarded as a symbol of friendship. Claddagh rings are typically associated with romantic relationships, but their symbolism is just as appropriate for friends. A gold or silver Claddagh ring is an excellent jewelry gift to show your best friend how much you treasure and care about them.
5. Yin and Yang Bracelet
The symbol of Yin and Yang is of Chinese origin and is known to represent duality as well as friendship. Ying Yang jewelry pieces are often presented as gifts to symbolize the special relationship between lovers as well as friends and the best thing about them is that they’re not gender-specific, meaning they can be worn by both guys and girls. Choose a bracelet for your friend featuring the symbol or opt for a bracelet set so that each of you can wear one-half of the symbol.
Gifting a locket is a sweet and thoughtful way of letting your friend know how special she is to you. If she loves sparkly jewelry, choose an elegant locket like this one set with glittering cubic zirconia stones, or go for a heart-shaped locket for a sentimental touch. Including a memorable photo or an ode to your friends will make the gift more meaningful and special.
7. Best Friend Bracelet
A best friend bracelet is meant to symbolize the unbreakable bond between you and is a traditional gift given to celebrate friendship. A bracelet with two interlocking rings, one smaller and the other larger, would be the perfect gift to represent your special friendship. Your friend will be able to wear it for any occasion and its elegant, minimal look also makes it ideal for daily wear.
8. Charm Bracelet
A charm bracelet is always a friend-worthy gift, especially since you can create them to suit your friend’s hobbies and interests. Charm bracelets are usually given to symbolize the turning points in someone’s life and carry many beautiful memories which give them their sentimental value. They’re also considered a magnet for creativity and positive energy. There are many different types of charm bracelets available on the market, from simple to bold and extravagant, so make sure to choose one that suits your friend’s personal taste and style.
9. Bar Necklace
Bar necklaces are popular pieces of jewelry that never seem to go out of style. What makes them so popular is their versatility, since they come with many options: you can have special messages, dates, and names engraved on them. Choose a necklace with a horizontal or vertical bar which will leave you enough space for engravings so that you can let your friend know how much they’re valued in your life. You can also go for a layered or double-bar necklace for a more stylish and chic look.
10. Whimsical Jewelry
The best type of gift you can give your friend is the kind that shows how well you know them and one of the best options you can go for is whimsical jewelry. If your friend loves the stuff of myths, legends, and fairytales, a pair of stunning dragon earrings or a fairy necklace would make a great friendship jewelry gift. There are thousands of different and unique designs available, so make sure to choose one according to your friend’s preference.
11. Peas in a Pod Pendant
If you and your friend get along just like peas in a pod, consider getting them a unique and meaningful peapod pendant like this one. To make the gift even more meaningful, choose a design with just the right number of peas so that you can share it with multiple friends and everyone will have matching pendants.
12. Rainbow Earrings
Rainbow jewelry pieces are excellent gifts for friends who light up your life and are there to cheer you up after the big storm. If your friend has a bubbly, happy personality, a simple pair of rainbow earrings would be the perfect jewelry gift for her.
How to Choose Friendship Jewelry
Buying your friend a beautiful piece of jewelry is a nice way of showing them that you value and appreciate them being in your life. However, finding the ideal gift can be tough regardless of how well and how long you’ve known them. Here are some important dos and don’ts to consider when choosing the perfect jewelry gift.
- DO consider her style. When shopping, you might find it tempting to buy something that you or someone else would like, but remember, this is about finding a gift your friend would love. Go for a piece that would suit her style and consider the type of jewelry she usually likes to wear (if she wears jewelry at all).
- DON’T buy the gift on the spur of the moment. Give it some thought, take time to go through all your options, and only make your purchase when you’re a hundred percent satisfied with the gift.
- DO choose a gift that will remind your friend of your friendship over the years. Consider giving her a piece that will serve as a reminder of an adventure you experienced together and make sure it’s significant to both of you. You can also choose matching jewelry for both of you.
- DON’T buy jewelry that would be too far out of their price range. If your friend wants to reciprocate by giving you a jewelry gift as well, they might find it difficult to afford it and then your gift might not seem like the kind gesture you meant it to be.
- DO choose jewelry that matches their lifestyle. If your friend leads an active lifestyle engaging in sports, working with their hands daily, or engaging in various other physical activities, consider opting for a durable piece of jewelry that can withstand rough use. If not, it would most likely get damaged after a few days of use.
- DON’T buy your friend expensive jewelry as a way of making up after a fight. It will give the impression that you’re trying to buy their friendship back or trying to make up for something you’re feeling guilty about.
- DO consider her preferences and dislikes. For instance, you could buy her jewelry featuring her favorite gemstone or a stone in her favorite color.
The friendship jewelry gift ideas on this list are just a few of the many options available on the market. If you don’t see something you like here, you can always find other designs and styles that would suit your friend best.
Finding the right piece of friendship jewelry can be difficult, depending on your friend’s personality and style, even if you know them like the back of your hand. However, with a little time and effort, you’re sure to find the right gift that would put a smile on their face.