As Jewelry Shopping Guide editors, we write about things that we love and we think you’ll like too. We often have affiliate partnerships, and may generate some revenue from these links at no cost to you.
Every bride has a vision of what her perfect wedding day looks like. Often, she has dreamed of her wedding day since she was a teenager. While budget could limit some of the ideas that you have, many brides do not realize that their dream wedding theme and backdrop are more attainable than they may have realized.
This is the era of Youtube videos and DIY, and there are a full range of ways to make your dream wedding backdrop possible. For anyone who isn’t sure what a wedding back drop is or for those who have a picture in mind about what they want to achieve, this list of wedding backdrop ideas has you covered.
What is a Wedding Backdrop?
Boho themed wedding backdrop. See it here.
A wedding backdrop is essentially the frame around your wedding. It is the means by which you make your theme congruent throughout the wedding, it sets the tone of the whole day and it can affect the entire feel of the wedding.
Personalized wedding backdrop. See it here.
A wedding backdrop can be a nature scene, it can have unicorns and glitter, it might even be as simple as some candles and a basic backdrop behind the altar. It could be a white sheet with flowers attached to it. There are endless ways to style your backdrop.
Basically, a wedding backdrop adds to the beauty and tone of the venue that you have picked out and transports your guests into the aesthetic that you have always imagined.
When do You Need One?
Most people choose to have a backdrop when they’re saying their vows as it makes that perfect space for the most important part of the wedding.
Using the same backdrop from the altar as the backdrop for your reception is another way to be economical while being practical. It neatly ties the two rooms together and continues the theme of the wedding.
On the flip side of this, there are reasons why you might not want to use a backdrop. If you have picked a venue that has a beautiful natural outdoor setting, or if you have selected a location for its own stunning beauty, you might not want to block that natural setting with a wedding backdrop. Make sure that you do not feel pressured to add a wedding backdrop unless you truly want one.
How Much to Spend on a Wedding Backdrop
Wedding backdrops can run the gamut with regards to cost. As stated earlier in the article, DIY is king these days and Pinterest and Etsy and Youtube are full of great tutorials to help even the least crafting-savvy person to make a beautiful wedding backdrop.
If you are looking to hire someone to arrange and set up your wedding backdrop, you might expect to pay anywhere from a few hundred dollars to many thousands of dollars. It is important to remember that some venues will have limitations on what you can install for the wedding or they may charge extra to do the set up themselves.
Brides on forums report spending as little as a few hundred dollars making their own wedding backdrop, but it is always important to really consider how much time and energy you want to put into doing the work yourself. If you have the time and the skill and the patience, you might be able to save a lot of money and still have a fabulous backdrop at your wedding. Play to your strengths and outsource the rest!
Wedding Backdrop Ideas
If you are still stumped about what type of wedding backdrop you want for your wedding, we can help. Check out our list of suggestions for styling and thematic elements to help you get the perfect wedding backdrop for your wedding!
- Elegant Floral Design: This gorgeous floral-themed backdrop is surprisingly affordable and very elegant. It offers classical elegance as well as a hint of floral beauty that brings to mind a fairy wedding or a fancy botanical setting. This backdrop will dress up even the most boring of rooms with elegance and outdoor charm.
- Simple and Sparkly: While this one seems a bit basic at first glance, the product pictures make it pretty clear how easy it is to dress up this sparkling curtain with some floral accents, some pretty lights or any number of other embellishments. If you are having a non-traditional wedding theme with some added spunk, or if you are eager for a theme that is whimsical and light-hearted, this is exactly the ticket. An added benefit for this background is that it will cover a larger area than other selections, which can really help if you have a big room to fill.
- Classic and Elegant: This stunning and classic curtain-style backdrop is the perfect solution if you have an outdoor area planned out that has no natural backdrop. It will also make a church wedding sparkle or could be used to hide a stage behind the altar. This is a great fit to go with a classic, white dress wedding that just needs the lightest dusting of elegance and traditional wedding vibe to complete its theme.
- Rustic Outdoors: This gorgeous, rustic, wooden arch is the perfect fit for an outdoor wedding or a western-themed wedding. It’s crafted of beautiful, high-quality wood and can be easily assembled and placed anywhere that it is needed. This is the kind of backdrop that truly proves that sometimes all you need for the perfect backdrop is a gorgeous location and a simple frame for the bride and groom.
- A String of Lights and Wood Accents: This lovely wedding backdrop idea is simple but so effective. It combines the homey feel of a wooden fence with the sparkle and whimsy of a string of pendant lights to create a homey, comforting, beautiful backdrop. This is the perfect choice for those who are planning an evening or nighttime wedding and pairs well with indoor or outdoor locales. This is a truly versatile option that no bride could go wrong with.
- Extravagant and Breathtaking: Are you going to be wearing a ballgown style dress fit for a princess? Have you always dreamed of being married beneath an arbor of lacey fabric and flowers? If a garden setting full of class and delicate beauty is for you, this is the right choice to pick for your wedding backdrop. This backdrop combines delicate materials with flowers and elegant wooden supports to build a gorgeous wedding backdrop fit for a princess.
- Custom Creation: This clever and unique option will provide you with a way to shout to the world that your nuptials have bound your lives together from the start of the day until the end. All you need to do is pick your style and then pick the type of background you will hang it on. This is a versatile and truly special way to both adorn your wedding backdrop and also to commemorate your special day.
- Modern and Tasteful: Having a modern wedding with a simple and elegant style? Then this wedding backdrop is for you. The chalkboard-themed commemorative wall can say anything that your heart desires. Add a bit of drapery or some flowers and candles, maybe a flower basket or two and you have a stunningly elegant and simple backdrop that everyone will ooh and aah over.
Maybe you have found your perfect wedding backdrop among the selections on our list, or maybe you have been inspired by these ideas to go hunting for the perfect wedding backdrop. Every bride deserves to have the wedding day of her dreams and the wedding backdrop that you select will be a huge part of the success of your special day. Don’t settle for a blah wedding. Make sure that you pick out the wedding backdrop that will make your day perfect, spell-binding and memorable.