As Jewelry Shopping Guide editors, we write about things that we love and we think you’ll like too. We often have affiliate partnerships, and may generate some revenue from these links at no cost to you.
Losing a child is something that no one except a mother can understand in all its grief. It’s a loss that can last a lifetime.
At this difficult time in the person’s life, a thoughtful piece of miscarriage jewelry is one way to remember and honor the child and to show the mother that they’re in your thoughts.
Here are some ideas about giving a carefully-chosen piece of miscarriage jewelry.
Is a Miscarriage Jewelry Gift Appropriate?
When giving a gift for a miscarriage, be sensitive and considerate of the family and how they’re handling the loss, whether it’s a family member, close friend or a close colleague at work.
Some people are private and don’t want to talk about such personal matters with others, no matter how close you are. Others might be struggling with all sorts of emotions like grief, sadness, confusion and a sense of loss and loneliness.
Consider this and how you think they might react before you decide to give a gift. In any case, a thoughtful gift is almost always welcome at such a difficult time.
Why Give a Miscarriage Gift?
A gift for a miscarriage might seem like a very small thing, but it indicates that they aren’t alone and that you’re there for them at this sad time. It can help the mother to come to terms with the loss and to help them find peace and healing. It gives hope and a look into the future. It’s also a way to honor the child and remember them.
Why Miscarriage Jewelry
There are many gifts that you can decide to opt for but one thing about jewelry gifts is that they can be cherished for a long time. Such jewelry can also be customized and engraved, to give them a personal touch.
Here are some considerate choices for miscarriage jewelry:
This is one of the commonly chosen themes for miscarriage jewelry because of its connotations to heaven, religion and the hope for a future together.
Angel themed miscarriage jewelry typically feature angel wings as a charm added onto a pendant or a bracelet.
A Meaningul Quote
A piece of jewelry with a meaningful quote is a considerate gift. Some beautiful quotes are:
- Your wings were ready but our hearts were not
- I carry you with me
- I carry your heart with me
- Mommy to an angel
- Forever in my heart
- Loved beyond words, missed beyond measure
- Until we meet again
- I carried you every second of your life and will love you every second of mine
- God has you in his arms, I have you in my heart
- Too precious for earth
- There is a light that never goes out
Sweet Pea Necklace
Peas in a pod jewelry. See this here.
This type of jewelry features a pearl set in a peapod like jewelry mounting and is a beautiful reminder. The piece might include angel’s wings or a charm with the babies birthstone or name on it.
Actual Writing Jewelry
Actual writing ring. See it here.
An actual handwriting ring is personal and a beautiful option, allowing you to personalize the piece in many ways. Apart from the handwriting, you can also include names, birthdates, quotes and birthstones to the piece.
Some Gifts to Avoid Giving Someone Who’s Had a Miscarriage
While your intentions might be great, not every gift will be accepted or received in the same light. Some gifts to avoid giving a person who’s just miscarried might include:
- Jizo Jewelry – While searching for miscarriage jewelry, you might come across Jizo, a Japanese deity, who is believed to be the protector of children. Interest in Jizo is growing in the west as is theJapanese ritual of grieving a miscarriage but always check with the grieving person before gifting something that can be thought of as controversial.
- Religious Jewelry – Angels, Bible quotes, Jizos… these are all perfect gifts, but it depends on the religious affiliation of the person. Gifting a piece of jewelry with a Bible quote to an atheist is probably pointless and can even be seen as disrespectful. It’s best to check this before you gift.
Where to Find Miscarriage Jewelry
We recommend starting your search on Etsy for a wide range of high-quality products at varying prices.
Because a miscarriage is very personal and sensitive, always be extra considerate of the needs of the receiver as you make your choice on what to gift.