As Jewelry Shopping Guide editors, we write about things that we love and we think you’ll like too. We often have affiliate partnerships, and may generate some revenue from these links at no cost to you.
Bottom line: Even with the cons, Amazon is still the favorite choice of most of the jewelry lovers. If you play smartly, you can end up buying amazing jewelry pieces from Amazon and that too, at amazing prices.
Chocolate and flowers die and get eaten, but jewelry is forever – Lori Wear
It’s hard to find a girl who doesn’t adore jewels; Gold, Diamonds, Pearls, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, the list goes on and on. Jewelry is one thing that can completely transform your overall look. It goes with every attire and is desirable in every season.
But how do you find that one jewelry piece that puts a smile on your face? How do you find that one ring that tells your fiance how much you love them?
Gone are the days when you had to go from shop to shop and spend your entire day trying to find that perfect jewelry item. Now, you can have access to a number of choices with just a click of a mouse. Ecommerce business is in its full boom and everything is now available online. And whenever we think of online stores, Amazon always takes away the spotlight.
During the years that have followed since its creation, Amazon has become a world class ecommerce platform that provides its clients with EVERYTHING. People order their books, shoes, clothes, electronic gadgets, even their grocery items from Amazon now. The only thing missing from this list are jewelry items and we’re going to find out if it’s better to go jewelry shopping on Amazon or not!
Why Should You Go Jewelry Shopping on Amazon:
We all want to live our lives in full comfort and luxury. Online shopping has taken off the responsibility of physically going to places and buying stuff. Everything now is just a click away. Here are some of the advantages of why it’s better to buy jewelry from Amazon:
- Amazing discounts: Don’t get surprised if you see a huge difference between the prices on Amazon and the ones on the physical stores. On Amazon, you find jewelry items with their exact prices because Amazon does not need to factor in expenses like staff salaries, maintenance of the shop, rent and other miscellaneous expenses. On the other hand, the jewelry items in physical stores have prices that take into account all of these factors because they can’t afford to sell jewelry items on their actual price.
- Awesome Return or Refund policies: Amazon is well known for their return and refund policies. If you ordered something and it didn’t turn out to be what you expected, you can always return the item and get a complete refund. As far as jewelry is concerned, Amazon goes an extra mile and all the jewelry orders are dispatched by secure courier only. In addition to that, Amazon also insists on signature upon delivery.
- Quality on Amazon: When it comes to jewelry, Amazon has strict rules and guidelines. All the vendors on Amazon are properly screened by Amazon for quality and trust. No vendor can start selling stuff on Amazon unless of course, permitted by Amazon.
- Lots of choices: It takes a lot of shipping and stocking cost to manage inventory in physical stores. Therefore, it is not possible for them to have a huge amount of stock at their stores. In this regard, Amazon becomes your ultimate go-to because you have lots of choices and lots of vendors to choose from.
Why Should You NOT Go Jewelry Shopping on Amazon:
Every choice that we make in life comes with its own set of cons. In order to paint an unbiased picture, we are also listing down some of the discomforts that you may face while buying jewelry from Amazon:
- Limited Information: When you enter a physical store, you can ask questions and get information about the item right away. Shopping online only leaves you with some textual description and you have to rely on that to make your decisions. Some vendors do leave their website urls and emails to get more information, but it is still no match for the service you get when you shop in physical stores.
- Not being able to physically see the item: In physical stores, you get what you see. You get to touch the item, wear it, see if it looks good on you or not and then make your decision. Shopping online doesn’t give you this advantage. You can only imagine how a ring would look on your hand or how the earrings will look with a particular outfit. You see an item only when you have paid for it and it gets delivered to you.
- Quality: True, the vendors on Amazon are properly screened out, but still, their quality might not match the standards of some internationally renowned, very credible jewelers. Here, your role as a client plays a major part and you’ll have to see for yourself if someone is ripping you off or offering you a genuine deal.
- After Sales Service: The after sales service differ from vendor to vendor. Traditional jewelers take advantage over Amazon here because most of them offer free cleaning for life. They also go a little overboard and offer services like fixing defects and other added protections. You might have to bear the expenses of after sales services if you buy jewelry online from Amazon
Amazon is one of the most favorite shopping vendors for a lot of the jewelry lovers. If you make educated decisions, you can end up buying amazing jewelry at amazing prices. While shopping online, you need to read the “return and refund policies” clearly.
Go through the description of the items carefully and don’t fall prey to words like “ideal jewelry” or “chocolate diamonds”, etc. If vendors have given their website urls, visit it and make sure the jewelry, especially diamonds, are certified by reputed labs like GIA, AGS or IGI. Demand for lab reports if you can’t find certifications. On its arrival, ensure that the item is exactly what the vendors said in the description in terms of its carat weight, cut, color, treatment, clarity, etc.
If you are not a jewelry expert, the best way to make sure you are buying genuine jewelry items is by doing a little research. Visit a store or two to get a better idea and then come back home, open up your favorite browser, visit Amazon and get your favorite jewelry item at the most reasonable price!