As Jewelry Shopping Guide editors, we write about things that we love and we think you’ll like too. We often have affiliate partnerships, and may generate some revenue from these links at no cost to you.
Choosing a gift for your mother-in-law can be a daunting task, even if you’ve known her for years. When it comes to deciding on the ideal gift, there are many options to choose from but jewelry is undoubtedly one of the best since it’s is valuable and timeless, with a sentimental touch to it.
If finding the perfect jewelry gift for your mother-in-law has got you stumped, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of ten best jewelry items for you to gift your mother-in-law including necklaces, bracelet sets and earrings. Let’s take a look:
Cable Chain Necklace
Classic cable chain necklace by the Pandora Store. See it here.
If you haven’t known your mother-in-law for very long and have no idea about her jewelry style, the best option is to go for something classic like this simple cable chain. Although it may look insignificant at first glance, it pairs beautifully with any outfit and is perfect for an evening out or a formal event. She can wear it with her favorite pendant or if you prefer, you can always add a pendant or charm to it before you give it to her.
Crystal Bolo Bracelet
Tanzanite bolo bracelet by Delarah. See it here.
Bracelets come in all shapes, sizes and designs and you’ll find hundreds of variations to choose from. If she’s someone who loves classy jewelry with a lot of gemstones, a bolo bracelet set with crystals like this one would be the ideal choice for her. Its design is timeless and classic and it’s a gift you just can’t go wrong with.
Infinity double circle necklace by Efytal Store. See it here.
Make your mother-in-law feel special by gifting her a stylish cable chain necklace complete with two interlocking infinity double circles. If you’re looking for a contemporary piece, choose it in a silver-hued metal, but if you’re considering a vintage look, opt for yellow or rose gold instead.
The two interlocking circles are symbolic of the love and bond between you and your mother-in-law, making it a meaningful piece of jewelry.
Family Birthstone Bracelet
Family birthstone bracelet by Hills Jewelry. See it here.
If you know your mother-in-law’s birthstone, consider getting her a family birthstone bracelet which makes for an interesting change from the usual bracelet styles. You can add as little as one birthstone or as many one for each member of her family.
Huggie Stud Earrings
Amethyst and topaz huggie earrings by the Delarah. See them here.
If your mother-in-law likes jewelry with a lot of sparkle, consider a pair of stylish huggie stud earrings set with cubic zirconia stones. Designed to hug onto the outer edge of your ear, huggie stud earrings are simple and secure to wear. They can be found in any metal and design, embellished with various gemstones such zirconia, crystals or diamonds.
Mix and match stacking bangles by Venexia Jewelry. See them here.
When worn together as a set, these gorgeous stacking bangles will make her wardrobe look stylish and distinctive. Each one is unique and they can be found in various types of metals and styles. If you’re looking for something traditional, these bangles would be a creative choice to go with.
Floral Handmade Earrings
Handmade floral earrings by Sisters In Japan. See it here.
Earrings are one of the easiest jewelry gifts you can opt for since you don’t have to worry about ‘size’ unlike bracelets or rings, for instance. A pair of simple handmade floral earrings will make for a sweet and charming gift for your mother-in-law, regardless of the occasion. These earrings are lightweight and handcrafted, which gives them a personal touch.
Gold-plated name necklace by Silver Jewelry Arcade. See it here.
A name necklace is a worthwhile and meaningful gift that will show your mother-in-law what she means to you. You have three metal options to choose from: gold for a vintage look and silver or white gold for a more modern touch.
Drop or Dangle Earrings
Labradorite earrings by Delarah. See them here.
Surprise your mother-in-law with a stunning pair of gemstone dangle earrings that she can wear for any special occasion. These earrings feature lesser-known gemstones, including labradorite and prehnite.
Black diamond cuff bracelet by Delarah. See it here.
The last item on this list is a cuff bracelet that’s suitable for daily wear as well as for any special occasion. Like pendants or earrings, cuffs don’t have a specific size, so they’re easy gifts to buy if you don’t know your mother-in-law’s size. In terms of gemstones, there are man options to choose from, but we particularly like black diamonds as they symbolize confidence, strength, and femininity, perfect symbolism for a mother-in-law. After all, she did raise the man you’re going to marry, and she must have been amazing to do that!
How to Choose the Perfect Jewelry Gift
Buying jewelry for your mother-in-law is special because jewelry is a lot more personal than other gifts. It’s a thoughtful way of showing her that she’s important in your life. However, it’s not as easy as it looks and there are some important things to consider when buying jewelry. Let’s take a look.
- Your Budget: This will determine the metal and gemstones you opt for. While the most common metal choices are gold, platinum and silver, there are various other metals that are far less expensive. If you’re low on funds, you might want to consider an alternative metal like titanium, for example, which costs less and still looks beautiful.
- Durability of the Piece: If your mother-in-law works a lot with her hands or leads an active lifestyle, you might want to consider getting her jewelry that’s suitable for daily wear. Avoid buying her a jewelry item with dangling bits and pieces that can easily break and choose a metal that’s durable enough to withstand rough use so that she’ll be able to wear it for years to come.
- Her Style: One of the best ways to know what to choose for your mother-in-law is by looking at the jewelry she already wears. Some women prefer to wear minimal jewelry that can hardly be noticed whereas others love large, statement pieces. If she’s someone who doesn’t wear a lot of jewelry, you might want to choose a simple piece that won’t look over the top. The last thing you’d want is to buy her something that she would never wear.
- Her Favorite Colors: Does she like colorless gemstones such as diamonds or does she prefer brightly colored stones like topaz or aquamarine? This will give you an idea of what to get her.
Where to Buy a Jewelry Gift
If you’ve got a specific jewelry gift idea in mind that you don’t see on our list, you’re most likely to find it online. Here are some of the best online jewelry stores you can check out:
- Delarah – Perfect for stylish, competitively priced gemstone jewelry. You’ll find lesser known stones here, as well as the mainstream options.
- Etsy – If you’re on the hunt for unique, handmade jewelry or a refurbished vintage piece, you’ve got hundreds of options on Etsy. They offer jewelry at a wide range of prices, so you’re sure to find something that would fit in your budget.
- Amazon – Amazon is one of the most popular online jewelry stores that offer attractive jewelry pieces at affordable prices.
- Blue Nile – If you’re looking for a piece of diamond jewelry, Blue Nile is the place to go. They offer an extensive range of high quality diamond jewelry pieces.
All of the products we’ve mentioned on our list are unique and attractive pieces that any woman would love to add to her jewelry collection. However, if none of the choices on our list caught your eye, there are hundreds of unique and attractive pieces you can find on the market.
When shopping, take your time and only make your purchase when you’re perfectly satisfied with the piece so that you’ll have no regrets later. Remember, if it’s not her favorite piece, she’ll still appreciate the thought and effort you put into getting her a gift.