An increasing number of people are turning to shopping online for diamonds and engagement rings because of the benefits involved. These include competitive prices, excellent quality, convenience, great customer service and competitive after sales policies.
But one of the main downsides of shopping for a ring online is that you can’t try before you buy. For most people, this is a deal breaker and the main reason they’d choose a brick and mortar store over an online store.
This innovative service spans the bridge between the online and physical shopping worlds, making buying your engagement ring from the internet as easy as it gets.
Intrigued? Keep reading to see if the Home Preview is an option that’s right for you.
In Brief: With Clarity let’s you try before you buy completely free of charge. With high-quality diamonds, well-crafted ring settings, great customer service and after sales-policies, it’s a great option for online engagement ring shopping.
What is With Clarity?
First let’s get to know the company that came up with this idea. With Clarity was founded in 2003 by a husband and wife team, Anubh Shah and Slisha Kankariya, with the aim of revamping the online engagement ring shopping experience.
Formerly known as Four Mine, With Clarity is one of the fastest growing engagement ring companies in the US. Although based in New York, where the products are made and stored, they have a 100% online presence.
The Home Preview Service
The main benefit of shopping in a brick and mortar store is that you can try on the ring you’re interested in, see how it looks on your finger and then decide whether you want to commit to it.
The online buying experience doesn’t offer this benefit which is why although over 90% of people research diamonds and engagement rings online, only around 10% actually make a purchase. With Clarity has identified this issue and have set a process in place that essentially takes away the ‘buying blind’ factor.
The company’s Home Preview service allows you to customize your ring, have a replica sent over, test it out and then make your decision. All free of charge. This is how it works:
- Navigate to their site and go to the Home Preview section.
- Begin customizing your ring, applying the filters based on metal, diamond shape and ring style.
- Once you’ve decided on the details of your ring, add your chosen ring design to the ‘box’. You can add a maximum of 2 rings to your free Home Preview box.
- Check out and enter your shipping and credit card details. The replica rings will be shipped to you free of charge and nothing will be charged from your credit card.
- Once you’ve received the rings, you can keep them up to 3 days, wearing them to see if you like the look and feel of them. This is similar to ‘test’ driving a car. If you don’t return the rings within the stipulated period, $50 will be charged for each replica ring.
- If you love the ring, you can then go and purchase the real thing. If not, you can go through the process again, as there are up to 3 Home Preview orders per customer.
This service works out better than purchasing in-store because it actually lets you test out the ring before you commit to it. The rings are crafted using 3-D printing technology and materials that look and feel exactly like the real thing, so you can make an informed decision. Because the Home Preview service is 100% free, including return shipping for the replica rings, there’s no risk involved and no commitment to make the final purchase.
What About the Quality of Diamonds and Ring Settings?
A great Home Preview service is no use if the diamonds and ring settings aren’t up to par, but this isn’t the case. The products offered by With Clarity are of high quality and excellent craftsmanship. This is also evident by their high customer ratings across different platforms (Yelp: 4.5 stars, Weddingwire: 4.9 stars, iVouch: 5 stars, Google: 4.8).
Here’s what you can find at With Clarity:
With over 200,000 diamonds to select from, lack of choice isn’t a problem if you decide to purchase from With Clarity. Each diamond is GIA certified and conflict-free, selected from trusted suppliers around the globe. Because the company goes directly to the source, eliminating the need for middlemen, the diamonds are offered at highly competitive prices.
There is a wide range of ring settings on offer, from classic to contemporary designs. Choose from 7 types of metal and 9 main diamond shapes depending on your preferences.
While the range of ring settings isn’t huge, there’s a good variety that offers something for every taste. Here are some of the styles on offer:
Open criss-cross style ring
Three stone tapered baguette ring
Floating halo diamond ring
Classic emerald cut diamond ring
The ring styles are well-designed, with unique elements and attention to detail. Because of the high level of customization on offer, you can build your own ring to make sure you get exactly what you want.
In addition to diamond engagement rings, you can also find wedding bands for him and her. The designs include eternity bands, classic metal bands and bands with diamonds for both men and women. The selection covers a range of styles, from minimalist bands to elaborate, diamond encrusted creations. However, note that these don’t have the Home Preview option and you can’t try them on before you buy.
If you have a particular design for a piece of jewelry in mind, With Clarity are happy to create that for you. All you have to do is send them an image or design of the product and they will provide you with a complimentary quote. During the bespoke process, they keep you in the loop, with CAD rendering and images of the product for your approval.
Warranties, Returns and Financing with With Clarity
With Clarity offers excellent customer service, with Chat, Call and Email options to contact them. They’re highly accessible and take the time to answer your questions and help you find the right product for you.
Here are some other factors to consider:
- Lifetime Warranty – The company offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects and will replace any diamond melee under .10 carats under the warranty. The warranty doesn’t cover center stone diamonds and gemstones.
- Financing – With Clarity offers a store credit card which you can apply for and get an instant decision on.
- Shipping – Shipping is free on all orders within the US.
- Engraving and Resizing – Free engraving is offered on all rings and up to one free resizing within 30 days of your purchase. However, you will have to bear the cost of insured shipping both ways ($40).
- Returns – There is a no questions asked returns policy within 30 days from date of purchase. However, if you purchase a second product within six months of the first return, that won’t be eligible for a return.
- Upgrade Policy – There is a lifetime Upgrade Policy with the condition being that the upgraded diamond be at least twice the value of the original diamond purchased.
Some Downsides of Shopping at With Clarity
While there are many benefits of shopping at With Clarity, there are some downsides that must be considered:
- One of the main downsides is that the company doesn’t ship overseas and their Home Preview Service is only available to US residents. This is a disappointment for those living out of the US because the Home Preview service is ideal to check out before buying a ring.
- Another issue is that the company doesn’t have videos of all their diamonds. While the majority have HD images and videos, some diamonds only have a diagram or stock image. To see the actual diamond, you have to request the videos and images from the company, meaning that your diamond search can take a lot longer.
- Although there is a Live Chat function, this only operates during business hours, between the hours of 10 and 5:30 pm EST on weekdays. Outside of those hours, the chat window is available to take a message for customers. If you’re looking for 24/7, or out of hours, availability this might be an issue for you.
All things considered, With Clarity is an excellent option if you’re on the hunt for an engagement ring. They facilitate the online shopping process and have excellent products on offer.
Choose With Clarity if you want:
- To test your ring before you commit
- Competitive prices
- High-quality craftsmanship
- Great customer service
- Standard after sales policies
- Conflict-free GIA certified diamonds
Don’t choose With Clarity if you:
- Want an extensive range of ring settings to choose from
- Are looking for jewelry
- Want a gemstone engagement ring
- Live overseas
- Want to instantly see videos of all the diamonds on the site